Text Box: Minor Home Improvement

Minor Home Improvement is a component of the Home Care Program and serves residents of Randolph County


Minor home improvement services are provided to Randolph County residents who are age 60 or over, have a functional disability and may be socially or economically disadvantaged.


This program is designed to improve the efficiency and safety of an

older adultís residence while maintaining their independence in the home.

Types of services routinely provided include:


® Minor plumbing repairs

® Minor electrical repairs

® Installation of locks and other security features

® Home modifications (wheelchair ramps, hand rails, grab bars)


The Home Improvement Program may also provide basic household furnishings and home appliance repair or replacement which would include:


® Chair

® Mattress/box springs

® Stove

® Hot water heater

® Refrigerator

® Washing machine

® Heating and cooling unit


Prohibited services include:


® Floor repair

® Roof repair

® Beautification

® Grass and shrubbery planting, cutting, or pruning


Supported by:†

United Way of Randolph County